Message info

To:android-developers@googlegroups.com From:Ray Tayek Subject:Re: [android-developers] test cases are in a different package Date:Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:03:40 -0800

At 11:56 AM 2/18/2012, you wrote:
>At 10:43 AM 2/18/2012, you wrote:
>>That's not true. You want the unit tests (it's
>>important to distinguish what kind of test we're discussing!)
>>in the same package as the classes they test.
>
>yes.

>>Put the test code in its own source tree, duh.
>>
>><project>/
>> |
>> |---- src/
>> |
>> |--- test/
>
>my core app is in a separate package. unit tests
>are in a separate source folder as described above.
>
>>Ray Tayek Ã¥†™Ã© “:
>Å¡
>>... is there some reason why the test cases are put into a separate package?
>>
>>No good one.
>>
>>placing them in the same package seems to work ok.
>>
>>am going to run into trouble by doing this?
>>

>>Not if you do it right.
>
>my android app is in the same package , but is
>in a different project (from the core app).
>
>the android tests are in the same package, but
>it is in a different project (from the android app).
>
>project: coreApp/
> src/com.me.app
> tst/com.me.app
>
>project: androidApp/
> src/com.me.app
>
>project androidTest/
> src/com.me.app
> class AndroidAppTestCase
> extends ActivityInstrumentationTestCase2<AndroidAppActivity>

i dumped ou the the dex files and was surprized.

all of the tests from the core project *were* in
the android app. looks like eclipse copied
everything from the project. so introducing a jar
for the core app is probably a good idea at this point

only the test case for the android test project was in it's dex file.

thanks

---
co-chair http://ocjug.org/