Message info

To:Android Developers From:EhyehAsherEhyeh Subject:[android-developers] Re: Which on is best? Date:Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:18:36 -0700 (PDT)

ICS is is quite superior in terms of available features (in fact,
anything after 3.0 has a slew of improvements which you sorely miss
when developing for lower versions), however, ICS also has abysmal
adoption, with less than 2% of users, and 2.1-2.3.7 accounting for
~90% of users (2.1 ~7%, 2.2 ~25%, 2.3.3-2.3.7 ~60%, numbers quoted
from memory, you can check for updated numbers, but I believe they
will be close to these). So even though ICS would be a lot nicer to
the developer, if you wish to actually reach any kind of market
segment, you have to account for versions down to at least 2.2.3,
unfortunately.