Message info

To:Android Developers From:gary@deanblakely.com Subject:[android-developers] Re: How can I use Google Maps in Android Apps Date:Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:51:49 -0700 (PDT)

I don't actually mean "I can't get an answer from anyone." the
answers I have gotten here and on StackOverflow are
that Google Doesn't keep this mapview current. In other words my
answers were that they just let it go. A more accurate statement s
that "I can't get the answer I want."

So, knowing that they are not idiots, I'm guessing your humble opinion
is right - they don't want to make their best maps available to 3rd
party developers. Bing Maps for Android hit a wall for some reason.

On Windows Phone 7 Microsoft is breaking their back to provide the
very best tools for free as they are trying to get some market share.

I'll look at your OSMDroid and OpenStreetMap.
Thanks,
Gary