Message info

To:arch-general@archlinux.org From:Genes MailLists Subject:Re: [arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Dropping squirrelmail Date:Sat, 05 May 2012 11:27:37 -0400

On 05/05/2012 10:32 AM, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> FYI: I plan to drop squirrelmail from [extra]. It is orphaned and it
> wont work with PHP 5.4. (According to pkgstats it has no users anyway)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre

Actually just fyi - according to their website it will work with PHP 5.4:

http://squirrelmail.org:

Mar 29, 2012 by Paul Lesniewski
With the recent release of PHP version 5.4, some community members
have helped identify some small issues which we've fixed and made
available in our daily snapshot packages located on our downloads page.
Especially if you use the Mail Fetch plugin and want to upgrade to PHP
5.4, you should download one of our snapshot packages.

What do you all recommend for webmail - roundcube or something else?

gene