Message info

To:Arch Linux Mirroring Discussion and Announcements From:Karol ChmurzyƄski Subject:Re: [arch-mirrors] arch linux mirror down Date:Mon, 14 May 2012 13:48:44 +0200

2012/5/14 Andrew Holland <Andrew.holland@academica.fi>:

>> You could use several rsync tier1 servers, or just change it to DE
>> beacuse its most stable tier.
>
>> By the way, could someone check my FTP
>> server(mirror.chmuri.net/archmirror)? Recently flew from the list
>> because he was a connection problem, and unfortunately the problem
>> occurs even after disabling the firewall and see how easily merge with
>> ftp.
>>

>>--
>>Pozdrawiam Karol Chmurzyski
>
> Ftp works fine from here, I was able to log in and transfer files.
>
> After re-checking the mirror status list, I see that the gwdg (de) mirror is actually up to date.
> It's a bit hard to tell as the default listing shows the rsync wgdg mirror far down the list from the top, listed after several mirrors that are out of date. Maybe the default for that list could be changed to 'most current' instead of... well it appears to be a random order?

In my case i have several tier1 in cron job but primary is DE because
i have the best upstream. In future maybe i could think to be tier1
but i don't know ho many link is using in 95 percentile in month.

In FTP case i really don't know how its bug from my side that the
automated script wont retrieve lastsync from my ftp server.

--
Pozdrawiam Karol Chmurzyski