Message info

To:Arch Linux projects development discussion From:Tom Gundersen Subject:Re: [arch-projects] netcfg release rfc Date:Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:37:17 +0200

Hi Jouke,

I don't use netcfg, so sorry if these questions are stupid:

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Jouke Witteveen <j.witteveen@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Configuration has moved out of 'rc.conf'. Please move your
> configuration to '/etc/conf.d/netcfg'.

Does this mean that the old config will stop working?

> - Connection types ending in '-old', '-dbus' and '-iproute' are
> discontinued. Remove the suffix if you still have it: you didn't need
> it.

Does this mean that things will stop working for people who don't
update their config?

If at all possible, it is usually for the best if we let old configs
continue to work, but remove their documentation and print warnings
when they are used (but maybe that's what you have done :-) ). As a
comparison, the old network syntax in rc.conf still works, even though
we complain when it is used.

Cheers,

Tom