Message info

To:jmgarg1 From:anuj jain Subject:[ButterflyIndia - Googlegroups] [ButterflyIndia] Butterflies of tropical Indian cities Date:Sun, 18 Mar 2012 15:20:32 +0800

Hello everybody,

Thanks for forwarding the message Mr. Garg.

I have written and interacted with some of you before over butterfly checklists of tropical Indian cities (Trivandrum, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune,Mumbai andNagpur). Suggestions of other cities are welcome:)

For checklist of Pune, I am referring to Dr. Kunte's 2001 paper 'Butterfly diversity of Pune City along the human impact gradient' which says Pune district may harbour 170 species of which 103 are reported from Pune urban area within a 20km radius. Are there any updates after that?

For Nagpur, I am referring to Ashish Tiple's 2009 Checklist of Nagpur city featuring 145 species.

I hope we will be able to gather enough data to make a meaningfulcomparison with the rest of Asia. Thanks for helping out everyone.

Regards,
Anuj

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM, jmgarg1 <jmgarg1@gmail.com> wrote:
Forwarding for any assistance in the matter pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: anuj jain <anuj0001@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:35:10 +0800
Subject: Butterflies of Hyderabad
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmgarg1@gmail.com>

Dear Mr. Garg,

I am Anuj, a PhD candidate at the National Univ of Singapore.

It was impressive looking through lots of nice butterfly pictures posted by
you on Butterflies of Hyderabad Wiki page. Wondering if you keep a
butterfly species checklist for Hyderabad city or could put me in touch
with someone who has one.

I am writing an article to understand trends of butterfly diversity across
cities in Asia (including South India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore) and
would love to include Hyderabad in the study.

Without saying, all contributors will be duly acknowledged. Look forward to
hearing from you.

Regards,
Anuj Jain
PhD student, National University of Singapore.
Nature Society (Singapore).

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmgarg1@gmail.com)