Message info

To:cfaussie@googlegroups.com From:Brett Herford-Fell Subject:Re: [cfaussie] Re: Recommendations for a CF Framework. Date:Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:11:44 +1100

+1 for FW/1. Been working with it and model-glue in the past. Both are great, but FW/1 is so efficient to to work with.

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM, Dennis Clark <boomfish@gmail.com> wrote:

Mark, what makes you think I was hating on FarCry?

FarCry is f**king AWESOME, and to think otherwise is RETARDED.

I guess people don't get my humour either :-)

And yes, FarCry does use UUIDs all over the place, but it that's a good thing. It means no autonumber conflicts!

-- Dennis

On Feb 18, 2012 12:50 PM, "Mark Picker" <mark.picker@det.nsw.edu.au> wrote:
@Dennis. I don't understand the FarCry hate. What version are you
talking about? We have been running FarCry from when it was "just" a
CMS but have recently made the jump to 6.1.3. I do get that it can be
confusing to someone who is new to it. Even though the documentation
still needs some more love, it has gotten a lot better. I recently
went through the Developer Jump Start course (available from the
FarCry wiki) and was blown away yet again at how powerful FarCry is
when you start to dig into it.

To someone learning to use FarCry (6+), make sure you have a good look
at application.fapi. Especially application.fapi.getContentObjects().

@Zac. Depends if your using Friendly URL's. Also depends if you use
aliases (which is way easier to work with).

Cheers
Mark