Message info

To:cfaussie@googlegroups.com From:Steve Onnis Subject:RE: [cfaussie] Re: Manipulating CFHTTP Source IP Date:Fri, 13 Apr 2012 01:25:39 +1000

Phil

All your outgoing connections will go out via the IP address configured as
your firewalls IP address. This means any web services you are connecting
to, no matter what you do programmatically will all come from the same IP
address

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Rasmussen [mailto:aragog@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 12 April 2012 8:08 PM
To: cfaussie
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: Manipulating CFHTTP Source IP

Hi Blair thanks for that I hadn't seen that X-Forwarded-For header before
and that could do the job, though i'm not sure how the request will look at
the other end in terms of source IP. Only one way to find out I guess! I was
thinking of setting up a proxy and using multiple instances of Tomcat on the
same server to setup 10 separate webserver instances each with it's own IP,
and then route requests through these though I'd prefer the HTTP header
route if that works.

Steve the IPs are going through multiple firewalls at the hosting provider
before reaching the actual server where the IPs are mapped and then bound to
the NIC.