Message info

To:debian-boot@lists.debian.org From:Regis Boudin Subject:Re: cdebconf 0.159 Date:Sun, 18 Mar 2012 17:59:35 +0100

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:16:56 +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Regis Boudin (regis@boudin.name):
>> Hi everyone !
>>
>> That's it, after a month of testing on my main machine, I uploaded
>> cdebconf 0.159.
>

> Time for me to switch..:-)

Oh, so I'll start breaking people's machine, now !

> First glitch I had : I did setup DEBCONF_USE_CDEBCONF=1, then I ran
> "dpkg-reconfigure samba" and.....I ended up with the "text" interface
> and not the "newt" one.
>
> Running "dpkg-reconfigure cdebconf" (which indeed defaulted to "newt"
> for the interface) fixed the problem.

That's a bit odd, the initial setup and conversion is done in the
config
script, and I would have expected debconf to have already run it
before.
Unless I got it wrong with my almost empty postinst.

> Other glitches will come later on (though I don't do much interactive
> use of debconf as my laptop is mostly updated with apt-cron).

An obvious one for you should be the complete absence of i18n for
cdebconf itself. It would be nice if someone could review what I did
for
the frontend selection to make sure it's ok before marking the
templates
as translatable.

Regis