Message info

To:django-users@googlegroups.com From:ionic drive Subject:Re: VERY strange unicode encode error on internet connection Date:Sun, 18 Mar 2012 17:57:34 +0100

Karen,

sometimes its only good to get pushed by someone else.
I also think, that the code is going down different paths.

I thought I might have overseen something.
I just have to inspect my code further.

Thanks for the hint
Ionic

On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 12:48 -0400, Karen Tracey wrote:
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 8:37 AM, ionic drive <ionicdrive@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello django friends,
>
> I am facing a VERY strange unicode encode error on internet connection.
> No Error when network(LAN/internet) is disabled.
>
> Situation:
> ------------
> In a template I do have a link to a site(google) in this a URL a '/u' is
> included.
>
> I am testing this in my virtual-machine so I can turn on and off internet
> connection.
> the server is in my virtual-machine and the browser is in this
> virtual-machine too.
> So I am able to test the site with "internet connection" and without
> "internet connection".
>
> Now the VERY strange behavior:
>
> When my internet connection is activated I do get the following Template
> Error:
>
>         Caught UnicodeDecodeError while rendering: 'ascii' codec can't
> decode byte 0xe2 in position 31: ordinal not in range(128)
>
> When my internet connection is disabled everything works fine.
>

> I did not know that my django - interpreter is internet connection related!?
>
> Please give me some insights on that problem.

Your code is going down some different paths in the two situations,
why that is the case is hard to speculate on without more information.
It's also pretty much impossible to give guidance on how to fix the
UnicoceDecodeError without the full traceback from it.

Karen
--
http://tracey.org/kmt/