Message info

To:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com From:seventhray1 Subject:[FairfieldLife] Turiya-tit-for-tat-iya (was Re: Astral Residence Courses) Date:Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:45:39 -0000

> Even if you found 50 people who could produce the same
> types of brainwaves, what would you have established?
> IMO, only that at least 50 people have learned to con-
> trol their thinking in such a fashion that they can
> create similar results during crude physiological tests.
> Again, no connection with either enlightenment or the
> lack thereof has been established.

How is this different from someone who engages in a program of physical conditioning and then undergoes testing which indicate certain  parmamters have been achieved which we have defined as a more healthy style of fuctioning?

Is that person "controlling" these parameters?  Are the tests "crude".  What would be a refined test in your opinion?

If you have a thesis that there is state of awareness which has been called "enlightenment", then how do you go about quantifying it.  Seems to me, one way to start would be to measure brainwaves.

How would you go about trying to prove enlightenment?  Or do you just discount this notion altogether?  Science enablesus to assign objective criteria and proofs to those areas which previously were entirely subjective, last time I checked.

To subscribe, send a message to:
FairfieldLife-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Or go to:
and click 'Join This Group!'