Message info

To:\'Carol Masinter\' From:Adel Boros Subject:Re: [83companions] [Bulk] Re: Versailles Date:Sun, 18 Mar 2012 09:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paula, Carol

I would like to go with you to Versailles- Paula, and Carol I plan to walk a lot too, so here I am :)

Adél

--- On Sat, 3/17/12, Paula Nadalin <pjnadalin@prodigy.net> wrote:

From: Paula Nadalin <pjnadalin@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: [83companions] [Bulk] Re: 83 companions sweet and savory tour
To: "'Carol Masinter'" <cmasinter@gmail.com>
Cc: "'Wendy Verbaas'" <wendy.verbaas@gmail.com>, "'Maryann Hinden'" <maryann.hinden@gmail.com>, "'Veronica Agostino'" <veronica.agostino@gmail.com>, 83companions@ietf.org, "'Adel Boros'" <borosadel@yahoo.com>, "'Rosemarie Pelletier'" <rapelletier@patriot.net>
Date: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 1:44 AM

Fantastique! Tony has a friend who lives in Paris near l'arc de triomphe and he is going to get us a list of some nice small places off the tourist beaten path! Ro, I too am capable of being the energizer rabbit while on tour lol!

If there is anyone who is interested in going to Versailles one day and would like to go with – we could plan something at some point?! Paula

From: Wendy Verbaas <wendy.verbaas@gmail.com>
To: "Carol Masinter" <cmasinter@gmail.com>
Cc: 83companions@ietf.org, "Maryann Hinden" <maryann.hinden@gmail.com>, "Rosemarie Pelletier" <rapelletier@patriot.net>
Date: Friday, March 16, 2012, 6:12 AM

hi all,

i toured myself around paris a few years ago. a good guidebook, a map and some metro tickets and you can do pretty much anything. perhaps we can all make a list of places we want to see and coordinate travel partners and dates? does anyone know how many companions are along for the fun? i'd like to catch a few days at the louvre, a trip to monmartre, the catacombs... still working my way through the guidebook on a few other possibilities.

wendy

On 2012-03-15, at 2:21 PM, Carol Masinter wrote:

Sounds very tasty and intriguing

On Mar 15, 2012, at 2:13 PM, Maryann Hinden wrote:

I don't know - I'll have to check a map.  I'll be back in touch in a few days.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Rosemarie Pelletier <rapelletier@patriot.net> wrote:

Looks like fun, do you think it is walkable?

Ro

On Mar 15, 2012, at 4:51 PM, Maryann Hinden wrote:

Hi -

This is a link to what could become a self-guided small group tour for whoever wants to go.  I would certainly be interested in the pastries and bread, maybe adding a stop at Poilane, another well-known bakery.

http://www.afar.com/afar/david-lebovitzs-sweet-and-savory-tour-of-paris

Maryann

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Rosemarie Pelletier <rapelletier@patriot.net> wrote:

So I will be going to see them in person on Friday the 23rd to see what I can work out. I have been told that all museum tours are about sold out for the week we are there so if you are interested please get the concierge to sign you up or get to whatever museum you want to see early in the week incase you have to wait to get in or get into a tour.

I have been told that prices have gone up considerably since IETF was there last-- about 6 or so years ago.

Since not all companions have access to email or a smartphone, we have a bulletin board in or near the registration area so we can leave notes for each other. We have a reception on Sunday afternoon.

I understand there is no Tuesday night social and so am trying to organize a dinner cruise, will let you know how I do.  I have asked, but have not been successful yet, in setting up a trip to the flea market (though getting there by subway is really easy enough to do on your own) cooking classes, a segway tour of the city, and a market shopping trip with a chef.

See you in Paris

Ro Pelletier

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----