Message info

To:Andrew Sullivan From:SAYKO, ROBERT J Subject:Re: [83attendees] Lost money Date:Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:15:43 +0000

I don't agree that the hotel will not cooperate. Asking law enforcement cannot be that difficult either. In any event it was just a thought.

-----Original Message-----
From: 83attendees-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:83attendees-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Sullivan
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:34 PM
To: 83attendees@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [83attendees] Lost money

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:10:58PM +0000, SAYKO, ROBERT J wrote:

> the next venue hotel. Seems to me a simple check with the hotel's
> security and possibly the local law enforcement would be minimally
> appropriate.

How would that help? The hotel security people are not going to say,
"Yeah, we have a long-standing and unresolved problem with theft in
this hotel." And the police are hardly likely to have information:
how many of the reports that went to this list have also been made to
the police in the sort of formal way that the cops actually have a
record?

I don't think adding Yet Another Rule to the meeting selection process
will help. Note that there _are_ site visits, which means the site
visiting people stayed in the hotel. I guess they got lucky and
didn't get robbed that day.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@anvilwalrusden.com