Message info

To:Cantor\\, Scott From:Dave Cridland Subject:Re: [kitten] SASL resumption? Date:Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:28:13 +0100

On Thu Apr 12 15:59:29 2012, Cantor, Scott wrote:
> Assuming that's true, do servers? How often? What if there are
> concentrators and offloading involved, which is true of the vast
> majority of deploys. If you're depending on the server having
> actual access to the TLS session in some way, that's probably a
> non-starter. I don't know enough about TLS to know if that's what
> you're assuming.

I think that's true only for HTTPS - for other protocols, such as
XMPP or IMAP, I'd have thought that TLS offloaders and/or proxies
would be fairly rare. These types of protocols are the hunting-ground
here - IMAP clients often open multiple connections, and XMPP clients
need very rapid reconnect.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave@cridland.net - xmpp:dwd@dave.cridland.net