Message info

To:Dave Cridland From:Cantor, Scott Subject:Re: [kitten] SASL resumption? Date:Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:47:33 +0000

> I think that's true only for HTTPS - for other protocols, such as
> XMPP or IMAP, I'd have thought that TLS offloaders and/or proxies
> would be fairly rare. These types of protocols are the hunting-ground
> here - IMAP clients often open multiple connections, and XMPP clients
> need very rapid reconnect.

AFAIK, it's not at all rare. Especially for mail. At some enterprises, there are pushes to consolidate all TLS handling in a load balancer and maintain the certs there, regardless of the protocol.

Leaving that aside, am I correct that it would be a deal breaker? We can disagree whether it's a problem (or leave that as a community specific question), but it's useful for me in evaluating the potential of the suggestion.

-- Scott