Message info

To:mediawiki-l@lists.wikimedia.org From:Platonides Subject:Re: [Mediawiki-l] Need a bit of MathJax help: this message is HTML encoded so you may see what I do. Date:Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:31:09 +0100

On 19/02/12 16:21, John W. Foster wrote:
> I have Extension:MathJax installed & it tests out to be working
> following the instructions in mediawiki. I still have 1 issue though;
> Example; If I load up Template:Quantum mechanics which includes the
> following :
>
>> {{Sidebar with collapsible lists
>> |name = Quantum mechanics
>> |bodystyle = width:18.5em;
>> |title = [[Quantum mechanics]]
>
> I get the proper output in the navbox. When that template is transcluded
> onto another page I get this error in the navbox:

MathJax uses JavaScript to render the image.

>> Failed to parse (Cannot write to or create math temp directory):
>> \Delta x\, \Delta p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

This error is produced by Extension:Math (the original one, based on texvc).

There's something odd in your environment. Even if you had both
extensions enabled, competing for the <math> hook, one of them should be
consistently winning.

Disabling the other one should fix it for you.