Message info

To:bsd From:Matthew Seaman Subject:Re: Problem installing bind in jail Date:Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:43:38 +0100

On 05/04/2012 18:24, bsd wrote:
> I have decided to recompile bind in the latest version and I am
> running into a problem which is caused by bind port not following the
> FreeBSD requisites and trying to install things in /usr/include/isc

What on earth gives you the idea that dns/bind98 doesn't conform to
hier(7)? The bind ports are all installing stuff correctly: the only
files that get installed in an 'isc' or 'isccc' sub-directory are
c-language header files. That's perfectly legal according to the rules.
No problem there.

I suggest turning off the REPLACE_BASE option in the port. You really
don't need it -- install as normal under /usr/local (which I guess
should fix the writablity problems). Then all you need to enable the
ports version of named is to put the following in /etc/rc.conf:

named_enable="YES"
named_program="/usr/local/sbin/named"

That's it. You can now start up the ports version of named by:

/etc/rc.d/named start

The bind port creates symlinks for named.conf, rndc.conf and rndc.key in
/usr/local/etc so you can control the ports version of bind in the usual
way using rndc(8). (Well, assuming you've set up /etc/namedb/named.conf
properly.)

Cheers,

Matthew

--