Message info

To:VADA@mailman.rice.edu From:Christina Keefe Subject:[RICE PLAYERS] Fwd: Audition announcement Date:Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:42:43 -0500

FYI all.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mickey Burdick <mickeyburdick@hotmail.com>
Date: April 10, 2012 8:36:26 PM CDT
Subject: Audition announcement

Dear Christina,
I am writing on behalf of Backstage Inc, a nonprofit theater located in La Grange (www.heartofthetintrunk.com). We are currently getting ready to hold auditions for our big summer musical "Heart of the Tin Trunk." The musical tells the story of a group of Czech and German immigrants as they make their way from their homelands to Central Texas. I am writing now to ask if you might be able to post an audition notice for us on your departmental call board, or even announce the auditions to your students. This year, we have a stellar production staff coming in from across the country, and we are hoping to extend our reach in looking for actors as well. We will be holding a night of auditions in the Brenham area, in an effort to make it easier for Houston area talent to attend. All roles for this production are paid (depending on size of role) and there is an additional stipend for actors traveling from the Houston and outlying areas. Any help you can give in spreading the word would be greatly appreciated.
I will copy the audition announcement below, and attach a PDF version of the notice to this email as well.
Thanks so much for your time and consideration,

Mickey Burdick
Executive Director ~ Heart of the Tin Trunk, TX
Artistic Director ~ Thin Air Theatre Company, CO
646.382.3039
mickeyburdick@hotmail.com

Heart of the Tin Trunk Auditions
Backstage, Inc. is pleased to announce auditions for the 2012 production of Heart of the Tin Trunk.  Actors, singers and dancers of all shapes and ages are encouraged to attend. This year, open auditions will be held in Bastrop, Brenham, and La Grange.

Auditions in BRENHAM- Monday, April 23rd.
WHERE: Unity Theatre - 300 Church Street  ~ Brenham, Texas 77833
         Acting/Singing Auditions will be from 5-7:30 p.m. Please prepare 16 bars and a monologue. An accompanist will be provided. If you do not have anything prepared, sides and songs will be available there for you to perform.
        Dance Auditions will be held from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Please come prepared to move, with proper shoes and clothes.  Even if you only consider yourself a mover, and not a dancer, you are encouraged to attend. The dance call will be tailored to suit a variety of ability levels. Similarly, if you consider yourself to be only a dancer, it is asked that you still show up to the acting/singing portion of the audition.

Auditions in LA GRANGE - Wednesday, April 25th.
WHERE: St. Paul Lutheran Church - 427 South Washington Street, La Grange, TX 78945
         Childrens audition  from 3-5 p.m. (Grades 1-8. If you are in high school, please come to the adult auditions.) Please count on being there for as much of the full 2 hours as possible, as children will be working in a group. Children do not need to worry about preparing anything for the audition.
         Adult Acting/Singing Auditions will be from 5-8p.m.
         Dance Auditions will be held from 8-9 p.m.

Auditions In BASTROP Thursday, April 26th
Where: Inspirations Dance Studio - Located in Alum Creek in the Twister Cheer Building - 1289 Highway 71 E , Bastrop, TX 78602
        Acting/Singing Auditions will be from 6-8:00 p.m. in the small studio.
        Dance Audition from 8-9:00 p.m. in the large studio.

Rehearsals & Show dates
Rehearsals begin on Monday, July 2nd  in La Grange. Most rehearsals will be held in the evening, Monday through Friday and on Saturdays. You will not be called if you are not in the scenes being worked at a given rehearsal. Performances 7/27 through 8/5. The show is being presented at the 850-seat Concert Stage at the Festival Institute in Round Top.

Compensation
All actors in the cast will receive a stipend for their contributions to the show. An additional travel stipend may be given for performers traveling from more than 25 miles from La Grange.

For questions or more information, please contact Mickey Burdick: mickeyburdick@hotmail.com or by phone at 646.382.3039