Message info

To: From:Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) Subject:Re: [rtcweb] SRTP and "marketing" Date:Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:24:51 +0200

On 3/29/12 12:31 AM, Jim Barnett wrote:
> Another point is that username/password authentication schemes aren't
> really that secure - it's pretty easy to steal a username and password,
> after all. So there's not really a binary
> authenticated/unauthenticated switch. It's more a matter of degree.

Why we would like to solve this problem at WebRTC level, while there's a
stockpile of standard, best-practice and future perspective to
authenticate/authorize users over Web secured (TLS) transport?

VoIP for Browser imply that we have a Browser and a Web application
(server & client side javascript).
Imho we should re-use what's already there trying to avoid adding more
complexity.

--
Fabio Pietrosanti
Founder, CTO

Tel: +39 02 911930893 + ext: 907
Mobile: +39 340 1801049
E-mail: fabio.pietrosanti@privatewave.com
Skype: fpietrosanti
Linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/secret

PrivateWave Italia S.p.A.
Via Gaetano Giardino 1 - 20123 Milano - Italy
www.privatewave.com