Message info

To: From:Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) Subject:Re: [rtcweb] Consensus call regarding media security Date:Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:44:14 +0200

On 3/28/12 8:01 PM, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
>> IMHO it's really clear that SRTP (even with SDES) is MUCH better than
>> plain RTP. And so far I have not heard any advantage fof allowing
>> plain RTP other than "it allows interoperability with my 5 years ago
>> SIP device".
>>
>> So +1 for the voted consensus.
>>
>> Regards.
> This captures the sentiment of what I was trying to convey. So, +1 to
> this explanation.
+1

I totally support this initiative.

If we would allow plain RTP any people with just using free too such as
Cain&Abel http://www.oxid.it/cain.html can do Mitm+RTP-recording+Playing
with a couple of click.

We do not really want to see such kind of reviews and widespread of
dumb-proof hacking tools/video/howto to show "your grandma how easy is
to intercept your neighborhood calls".

That's just a bad reputation that will hit that newly born technology.

--
Fabio Pietrosanti
Founder, CTO

Tel: +39 02 911930893 + ext: 907
Mobile: +39 340 1801049
E-mail: fabio.pietrosanti@privatewave.com
Skype: fpietrosanti
Linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/secret

PrivateWave Italia S.p.A.
Via Gaetano Giardino 1 - 20123 Milano - Italy
www.privatewave.com