Message info

To:Ted Hardie From:Eric Rescorla Subject:Re: [rtcweb] Dates for upcoming interim Date:Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:49:26 -0700

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com> wrote:
> After discussion between the WEBRTC and RTCWEB chairs, consulting the
> doodle poll, and working through the potential for co-location with
> CLUE, we have decided to set the date for the RTCWEB interim at June
> 12 & 13th, to be hosted by Ericsson in Stockholm. We understand that
> the WEBRTC chairs will hold their meeting on June 11th. If CLUE
> wishes to co-locate their meeting, the 14th and 15th will be
> available. This would not have been possible on the previous week,
> given the national holiday in Sweden on the Wednesday of that week.
>
> We very much appreciated the work Eric put into his analysis, and in
> general we will try to prefer hubs; in this particular case, however,
> a large fraction of the Western European participants are either based
> in Stockholm or must fly through it to reach one of the larger hubs.
> Given the availability of a host and this data, we decided to select
> Stockholm for this meeting.

Thanks for resolving this.

Since I'm assuming we're going to be having more of these, I'd like
to ask the chairs to publish ASAP whatever rotation they are planning to
use in the future. This would be very useful for planning purposes,
as well as to allow discussion of the proposes rota well in advance

Thanks,
-Ekr